Hello again, and hello to 2018! I know I’m
a little a lot late to the party… It’s been nearly 3 months since I wrote my last blog post (gasp!), and I think that’s the longest break I’ve taken since starting in 2014. All I can say is that life just happened, and I’m OK with that.
Almond Milk Latte from Ascension Coffee in Dallas, Texas
So, What Have You Been Doing?
Well, I spent the last few months attending weddings for our dear friends, traveling to LA, San Jose, Mammoth, and Dallas, hosting my first Thanksgiving, speaking at a client’s conference on social media (there were 350 people!), celebrating my 7 year anniversary and so much more. Needless to say, life’s been a little crazy lately — but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m so grateful for all of these incredible moments, experiences, and especially the people that make this time even more special.
We Survived Our First Thanksgiving & This Year’s Christmas Card Photo Shoot
Another Amobee Holiday Party in the Books
Mammoth 2017 with the Dieterich Family
“The Hot Mess” & Fried Chicken from Pecan Lodge in Dallas *Beef Rib Not Pictured😉
What’s In Store for 2018?
To be honest, until now I hadn’t even written out my 2018 business/personal goals or had the time to put much thought into them. This is something I get weirdly excited about so I was honestly a little upset that I didn’t have enough time to focus on myself and my goals with everything else going on. That’s why one of the things I’m slowly working on is honoring my time. I struggle with always wanting to say yes to events, people, clients and new opportunities. But I’m learning that sometimes it’s OK to take a step back, breather, and ask myself if this is something that will bring positive value into my life. This is definitely a work in progress, but I’m hoping it will bring about more focus, productivity and positivity.
My 2018 Goals:
- Run a Sub 2 Hour Half: I swear, 2018 is the YEAR! I haven’t signed up for a half yet so if you have any recs let me know!
- Reach a Specific Income & Create a Content Piece/eBook for My Business, Kellen McAvoy Consulting: I am so proud of all that I’ve accomplished these last 8 months in business and there’s so much more I still want to do. 2017 was all about getting started, figuring out how to file quarterly taxes, and taking on new clients. I want 2018 to be about creating even more value for my clients and future clients.
- Honor My Time: Saying yes to opportunities that create positive value and no to everything else that doesn’t.
- Travel to 3 New States: Dallas, Texas (January), thinking Portland Oregon and maybe Nashville, Tennessee next — open to other suggestions too!
- Read 12 Books: Currently reading Carve the Mark and High Performance Habits. Open to suggestions as well!
There are a few other goals I have that aren’t included on the list above because I believe in setting a shorter list of SMART goals and the rest will follow. I’m also really excited to create my first vision board at Studio Lifted’s workshop in a few weeks so that these goals and all I want to achieve will be a constant reminder hung from my office. I’m a huge believer in positive thinking and the power our thoughts have so this is right up my alley! If you’re local and want to join, just sign up here (it’s free — this isn’t sponsored though they are my client and I just love them❤️).
Whew, that was a lot to cover! Now it’s your turn.