I recently read a post from Erin (Erin’s Inside Job) on her Life Lately/October recap and it inspired me to fill you all in on what I’ve been up to. First of all, I can’t believe it’s already November… It seems like I was just writing down my October goals yesterday — hell it feels like I was just writing down 2017 goals!
As you can tell (and as most of you already know), I’m big into goal setting. I’ve already signed up for Nicole Culver’s 2018 Planning Party because I’m so excited for what next year has in store — and I’m a little OCD😉. For October, here’s what I set out to accomplish:
- Don’t Step on the Scale – I did this for about 2.5 weeks (until I got really sick later in the month) in an attempt to practice more mindful eating and not focus on the numbers. I definitely felt more confident not knowing what the scale said so this is something I’m going to try and continue moving forward.
- Finish 1 Book – I finished 2 books this month and started a third! I finished Ember in the Ashes, the newest installment in the Throne of Glass series: Tower of Dawn, and I started One Dark Throne — the second book in the Three Dark Crowns series.
- Write 8 New Blog Posts – I wrote 6 so I was really close! I blame it on the horrible flu/cold I had. Make sure to wash your hands and eat lots of veggies — it’s not a fun one.
- Acquire 1 New Social Ads Client for my Business – I didn’t sign on an ads client, but I did sign on a really fun new training opportunity I’m super excited about!
- Create a Holiday Social Ads Campaign for my Consulting Business – This November, I decided to do a series of social media marketing tips for the holidays on my business social media pages. If you’re interested, feel free to follow along and check them out! (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook)
This month I also ran the Fit Foodie Race Series, had an incredible dinner and breakfast with my Dad & his wife during their visit, and ate more ramen than the average person.
This was just one of the many ramen bowls I ate from Menya Ultra in San Diego — Convoy’s newest and most hyped up ramen spot. We went on a Tuesday and waited about 30-40 minutes, but it was delicious 🙂
To end the month, we celebrated my boyfriend’s birthday at The Taco Stand in La Jolla (SO GOOD!). Their salsa bar and shrimp tacos were absolutely incredible. I’ll definitely be back soon.
For November, I’m looking forward to more workout classes at Ashley Lane Fitness, getting back to normal/healthy eating after being sick and celebrating all weekend with friends, Thanksgiving with our families, and my 7 year anniversary with Sean!