I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again: Fall is one of my favorite times of the year! I wish we had a few more signs of the seasons changing in San Diego, but that won’t stop me from celebrating all the beauty, foods, movies and events that fall has to offer.
From Oktoberfest, to pumpkin patches, to seasonal ingredients, there’s a little something for everyone. I personally LOVE fall foods. There are so many seasonal fruits and veggies like Honeycrisp Apples, Cauliflower, Sweet Potatoes, Spaghetti Squash and more!
Fall Harvest Salad from Trader Joe’s + Avocado + Heirloom Tomatoes (Not Pictured)
I am also a sucker for all the “limited time” pumpkin items currently available at Trader Joe’s… I’ve been eating the Pumpkin Spice Granola for breakfast every morning, the Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Seeds on my salads and apples, and Pumpkin Biscotti for dessert with my tea….I have a problem😳 Needless to say, if you have any pumpkin recommendations I haven’t tried, I’m ALL ears!
My 2017 Fall Bucket List
Similar to years past (2014 & 2015), I’ve created a 2017 Fall Bucket List of things I want to do because life’s just more fun when there’s a list😉 (And I just really like the accountability. Any other Type A’s out there?)I broke up my bucket list into Food, Fitness and Lifestyle because that’s what this blog is all about right? 😉
- Make New Football Game Snacks: I really want to host a Sunday Football Game brunch or something and try out a new recipe like Whitney’s Football Shaped Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwiches!
- Go to a Tailgate (Go Aztecs!)
- Celebrate Oktoberfest (If anyone has any recommendations in San Diego, let me know! This could even mean going to a fun German restaurant.)
- Have a Pumpkin Beer🎃🍻
- Drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte: It’s a once a year tradition. If anyone has a healthier version though, please let me know!
- Carve Pumpkins
- Watch Hocus Pocus, Halloween Town 1 & 2, and Casper
- Make Dinner in a Pumpkin: This is my mom’s recipe and we used to eat it every Halloween as kids. It’s delicious!
- Make or Try a New “Fall Recipe” (Open to suggestions!)
- Take an Outdoor Yoga Class: I’ve still never been to yoga on Lamont Street so this is a must for me!
- Hike Three Sisters Falls or Iron Mountain
- Run 100 Miles (This may sound like a lot but it’s just a little over a mile a day 😉 )
- Read 3 New Books
- Try a New Coffee Shop: I’m always looking for new coffee shops to work out of. Any San Diego friends have recommendations?
- Fall Apartment Cleaning
- Spruce up the Apartment with Fall/Seasonal Decor