One thing I love about having my own business is having more flexibility with my time to do the things I enjoy, like cooking for example. You all know I’m a huge fan of meal prep, because let’s be honest, no one wants to come home and spend hours over a stove after a long day at work when you can just as easily pour a bowl of granola and call it a night😉
But since I do have more time, I’ve been trying to spend more of it in the kitchen preparing healthy, colorful meals. I must admit, there is something so satisfying when you take your time to carefully chop ingredients, artfully craft a dish, and watch others enjoy your creations (which is mostly my boyfriend…he’s a lucky guy).
Kale Shrimp & Quinoa Bowl
This Kale Shrimp & Quinoa Bowl is so easy (it literally takes 20 minutes) and is perfect for anyone wanting a simple, healthy dinner. This was originally one of those “kitchen sink” dinners where you just use whatever you’ve got and toss it in.
So I cooked the rest of our quinoa, stirred in some pesto and sundried tomatoes and added some leftover fresh mozzarella from our Cauliflower Crust Pizza earlier in the week (more on that later!). Then I cooked some frozen shrimp, bell pepper, onions, garlic, and kale over medium heat with a little olive oil, salt, and everything bagel seasoning (because why not?!). I tossed everything together and it was SO good I had to share.
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Cup Fully Cooked Frozen Shrimp
- 2 TBS Pesto
- 2 TBS Sundried Tomatoes
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Cup Kale
- 1 TSP Olive Oil
- 2 TBS Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt (as needed)
- Cook quinoa according to instructions.
- Defrost shrimp according to instructions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop the bell pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Cook the bell pepper, onion, and garlic over medium heat on the stove for 2-3 minutes. Mix in the kale and shrimp. Add the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and Everything Bagel Seasoning. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until Kale is cooked thoroughly.
- When the quinoa is fully cooked, stir in the pesto and sundried tomatoes. Next add the mozzarella until it's lightly melted.
- Lastly, combine the veggies with the quinoa and serve.
Pin It For Later!