It’s been MONTHS since I posted a new recipe so when Sean & I made this, albeit random, Chicken Cobb Salad for dinner Sunday night, I knew it was worth sharing.
Since spring is in the air and summer is coming up quickly, I’ve been craving salads. I’ve had this Strawberry + Blackberry Spinach Salad on repeat at work and it never gets old. It’s topped with fresh Strawberries, Blackberries, Raisins, Slivered Almonds, Pecans, a little Feta, and some Balsamic + Olive Oil. All my favorites in one big bowl❤️
Chicken Cobb Salad with Sesame Sticks
So it’s no surprise that when we were grilling chicken Sunday night (and when I say we I mean Sean😉 ) it was my job to decide what to pair with it and I threw out the idea of a BBQ Chicken Salad. We hard boiled a few eggs, chopped up some red onions, scallions, and romaine lettuce, and mixed it all together in a big bowl. I also added 1 avocado, Sean tossed in the chicken, and then we put a few Trader joe’s Sesame Sticks on top for some crunch. After all that, we noticed our BBQ sauce had expired so our BBQ Ranch Salad turned into this delicious Cobb with Honey Mustard dressing… #noregrets.
It’s packed with protein, healthy fats, and lots of crunch. I even had it the next day and the leftovers were just as good! It’s definitely going to be part of my summer salad menu 🙂
- 1 Bag of Hearts of Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Pieces of Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 Cup of Chopped Red Onion
- 1/8 Cup of Chopped Scallion
- 1/4 Cup of Sesame Sticks
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 3 Pieces of Bacon
- Honey Mustard Dressing
- Grill Chicken on BBQ until fully cooked.
- Bake Bacon in the oven at 400F for 20-25 minutes.
- Hard boil eggs in a saucepan. First bring water to a boil, then add in the eggs and cook for 20 minutes on medium-low heat. Rinse with cold water, then peel the shell off and chop the eggs.
- Chop red onion and scallions. Toss into a mixing bowl of romaine lettuce.
- Add in the sliced avocado, fully cooked & chopped chicken breast, fully cooked & chopped bacon, and hard boiled eggs.
- Add the sesame sticks on top.
- Drizzle with Honey Mustard dressing before serving.
Pin It For Later!