This easy Shrimp Curry Cauliflower Rice is the perfect balance of spicy and savory. It’s filled with fresh veggies and loaded with flavor.
There is something special about Sundays for me. It’s the end of one week, the start of a new one, and my day to mentally and physically prepare for the days ahead. Unlike many, I continue my routine of waking up early because like my Grandma says “If you’re not up by 7, your whole day is shot!”. The morning is my alone time to do with it what I want — though it usually always starts with a fresh cup of coffee (or two) to wake my body up.
As the coffee courses through my veins, I let my mind free as I sit writing for what can sometimes be hours. I let my creativity soar as I begin to prep new recipes, build new workouts, or discuss local events or restaurants I recently tried.
When the coffee has done its magic, it’s time to push my body to its limits. Whether it’s a long Sunday run along the coast line, a quick HiiT workout, or a spin class that I’ve been dying to try, this is my time to sweat out any built up stress or tension from the last week. I finish feeling fresh, rejuvenated, and ready to take on the work week ahead.
Shrimp Curry Cauliflower Rice
I continue my Sunday self journey at Trader Joe’s where I stock up on greens, fruit, protein, peanut butter, shrimp, and all of the goodies to fuel my days ahead. As a foodie, I could not be more excited to spend my day grocery shopping and cooking meals for the week — there is just something so relaxing yet thrilling about this part of my day.
Now that my mind is free, my muscles are sore, and my fridge is full, it’s time to meal prep — this small act saves hours on my busy work week. I turn on the oven, heat the sizzling pan, slice the vibrant veggies, and begin creating new, colorful recipes — like this Shrimp Curry Cauliflower Rice.
The smell alone is tantalizing; I can’t resist having a few bites (to taste test of course 🙂 ). The kick of the yellow curry sauce is balanced by the delicate crunch of the carrots and celery. Though I want to lick the pan clean at that very moment, I am more than excited to tuck this dish away in my storage containers, excited to eat it for dinner throughout the week.
When the last container is boxed away, I sit on the couch, pull up my computer, and rummage through the photos I took in between cooking all of my glorious meals. That’s when the editing starts and the writing begins. Yes, this is my perfect Sunday.
- 1 Cup Chopped Baby Carrots
- 1 Cup of Sliced Celery
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Yellow Onions
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 Bag Trader Joe's Cauliflower Rice
- 1 Cup Fully Cooked Shrimp
- 1/2 Bottle of Trader Joe's Yellow Curry Sauce
- Green Scallions (for the topping)
- Slivered Almonds (Optional)
- Chop the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic.
- Add chopped ingredients into a large pan on medium heat with 1 TBS of Olive Oil stirring occasionally. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the fully cooked shrimp and cauliflower rice to the same pan for 3 minutes until the cauliflower becomes translucent.
- Mix in the yellow curry sauce stirring thoroughly for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve and top with scallions and slivered almonds (optional).
Pin It For Later!