This easy Shrimp & Pesto Polenta Recipe is perfect for a healthy, satisfying weeknight meal.
OK, you all know how much I LOVE polenta. Whether it’s a light Greek Polenta or a savory polenta with egg & asparagus, I love how simple it is to make and how well it goes with everything (plus it’s not very expensive at $1.99/roll). Some of my favorite toppings include marinara sauce for polenta “pizzas”, shaved brussel sprouts, bacon and eggs, and spinach with olive oil and garlic. I usually just pick up a roll or two at Trader Joe’s to keep in the cupboard so I have it on hand.
Easy Shrimp & Pesto Polenta Recipe
Recently one of my favorite weeknight recipes has been this Shrimp & Pesto Polenta. It takes less than 20 minutes to cook (WIN!) and it’s full of flavor, veggies, and lean protein. It makes 2 servings so you can either make it for yourself and your significant other or enjoy dibs on the leftovers 😉
The sundried tomatoes and pinenuts are my favorite toppings on this dish. I love the light acidity of the tomatoes balanced by the subtle crunch of the pinenuts. SO GOOD!
- 1 Polenta Roll (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 Cup of Fully Cooked Shrimp
- 1 TBS Pesto
- 1 TBS Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 Cup of Spinach
- ½ Yellow Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Pinenuts (optional)
- Shaved Parmesan (optional)
- Slice the polenta roll so it’s about ⅛-¼ inches thick. Place in a non-stick cooking pan over medium heat for 10-12 minutes turning over half way through at about 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. *If you prefer your polenta crispier, keep on the stove for about 1-2 minutes longer.
- Chop the onion and garlic. Heat in a pan over medium to low heat with a dash of olive oil. Add in the sundried tomatoes, pesto, shrimp, and spinach stirring occasionally. Cook for about 3 minutes until the spinach is cooked through.
- Place the polenta on a plate and top with the shrimp and spinach. Add some pine nuts and shaved parmesan on top.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Pin It For Later!