These peanut butter, bacon, chocolate, banana oat muffins (aka Elvis Muffins) are a sweet and crunchy treat for breakfast or dessert. Make them for your friends or family and everyone will be saying “Thank you very much” 🙂
Do you ever have those times in your life where you are super stressed and crazy busy, but mostly everything going on is something fun so you can’t help but feel grateful even with the madness? (There’s a lot going on there, I know haha) Well, that’s kind of how I’m feeling right now. I am getting busier at work along with this little blog of mine and in the meantime I’m also trying to balance my social life. Truthfully, I’m just happy to even have a social life this summer after marathon training last year. Either way though, I know that I can’t really complain because I’m so lucky to have a job, have all of you supporting my blog, and have friends that surround me with goodness that I shouldn’t sweat the small stuff because it is all GOOD things.
The Art of Saying “No”
Still, even with the good, I am only one person with limited time so I have had to learn a pretty challenging lesson: the art of saying “no”. You see, sometimes I feel like I’m missing out if I don’t say yes to everything, but this ends up leaving me even more stressed if I’m saying yes to things I don’t whole heartedly want to do. And it’s honestly not fair to the person or thing on the other end of that decision.
To help give myself some peace of mind, I start asking myself a few things before deciding whether I say yes or no to social activities, work projects, or blog requests.
- Is this something that you 100% want to do and will fully regret it if you don’t?
- How will saying yes benefit you in the long run? Will it have any negative impact if you say no?
- Will you have to re-prioritize things or change prior commitments by saying yes to said event, project, or request?
I know this method isn’t 100% perfect (and I’m totally open to suggestions if you have any), but it does seem to help — which is all that I can ask for.
OK rant over. I know you’ve been waiting for these Elvis Muffins anyways :). The thing I love about these (other than the crunchy gooey flavor) is how easy they are to make. Bonus, I can freeze them and reheat them later when I’m on the go. That’s a huge win in my books because I can’t eat an entire pan of muffins in a week. I mean I totally could but let’s be real, probably not the best idea haha.
When you’re feeling stressed, imbalanced, or even when you’re at your happiest, these little guys seem to make life a little sweeter. And remember, even in times of stress, there is always something (or many things) to be grateful for.
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Cups of Oats
- 3/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- Sprinkle of Salt
- Crumbled Bacon (5 Slices)
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 400F and spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook the bacon according to instructions and set aside.
- Combine all muffin ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour muffin mix into the pan and then place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then drizzle with peanut butter and top with the crumbled bacon and chocolate chips.
Pin It For Later!