Who likes Girl Scout Cookies? I think the better question may be who doesn’t? Every year my mom sends my sister and me a special package filled with two boxes of our favorite Girl Scout Cookies. Personally, I’m all about the Samoas (aka Carmel Delights) and Peanut Butter Patties (aka Tagalongs). I love the chewy, chocolatey, coconutty texture of the Samoas — especially after being in the freezer :). And we all know how obsessed I am with nut butters so it only makes sense that Peanut Butter Patties would be on the list.
Cocoa Coconut Almond Butter
When I was browsing through Instagram the other day, I noticed Barney Butter had a jar of almond butter that was Cocoa Coconut flavored and it spurred this idea in my head about all of the fun treats I could make with it. I reached out to them to see if they’d be willing to sponsor a recipe for you guys and they happily indulged my enthusiasm.
My head started spinning with dreams of Cocoa Coconut Cookies and Overnight Oats, but I think I found a real winner with these Samoa Donuts.
Samoa Donut Recipe
If I could eat these donuts everyday, I probably would. They pair perfectly with coffee for breakfast or can be eaten as an evening dessert. My secret: I used the Cocoa Coconut Butter BOTH in the donut mix and in the chocolate frosting! I love how it adds a subtle hint of coconut flavor and it moistens the donut mix so they taste fresh and soft even after a few days (though we only had one donut live past 36 hours without being eaten haha). The shredded coconut on top adds a light crunch as well.
I think the Barney Butter Overnight Oats with a homemade raspberry chia seed jam is next on my list 🙂
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or the milk of your choice)
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Shaved Coconut
- 2 TBS Cocoa Coconut Almond Butter
- 2 TBS Unsalted Butter Melted
- 1.5 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 TBS Cocoa Coconut Almond Butter
- 2TBS Unsalted Butter
- 2 TSP Water
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a donut baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the donut ingredients mixing until smooth.
- Place the donut mix in a plastic ziploc bag (similar to a frosting bag), cut the bag at the corner tip, and use it to swirl the batter into the donut pan. This helps evenly spread the batter into each tin.
- Place the donuts in the oven for 9-11 minutes until cooked through.
- Let the donuts cool for 5-10 minutes while making the frosting.
- For the frosting, add the chocolate chips, water, cocoa coconut almond butter, and butter into a microwavable bowl. Heat for 30 second intervals stirring after each 30 seconds. The frosting should be ready within 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Dip the donuts into the chocolate frosting and carefully place onto a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle some shaved coconut on top.
Pin It For Later!