Polenta is one of my weeknight cooking staples because it’s super quick to make, inexpensive, and low in calories (Win Win Win!). I also love how it can be reinvented in so many ways. Not only can you can pair it with things like roasted brussel sprouts, eggs, or pot roast, but you can also use it to make mini pizzas!
Since I have been craving foods with fresh basil and sundried tomatoes, I decided to make this light and healthy Greek Polenta Recipe. The best part: you can make everything in less than 20 minutes so it’s perfect for weeknight cooking.
All you need is some fresh Basil, Greek Olives, Sundried Tomatoes, Feta, Polenta, and Balsamic Glaze.
I use Trader Joe’s polenta roll but you can easily find other variations at different grocery stores. First, slice the polenta and cook it in a greased pan for 10 minutes on medium heat. Flip the polenta over after 5 minutes. (Tip: if you like it crispier — cook it for an extra couple of minutes). While the polenta is cooking, chop the basil and portion out the feta, olives and sundried tomatoes.
When the polenta is done cooking, place it on a plate topped with the basil, feta, and Greek olives. Heat the sundried tomatoes on the warm pan for about a minute, and then add them on top of the polenta. Drizzle with some balsamic glaze and voila! — dinner is served.
- 1 Roll of Polenta
- 3 TBS Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 Cup of Freshly Chopped Basil
- Greek Olives (however many you prefer)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- Balsamic Glaze
- Feta Cheese
- Spray your cooking pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat on medium
- Slice the polenta roll
- Add the polenta slices to the pan and flip over after 5 minutes
- Drizzle the polenta with a little olive oil for taste
- While the polenta is cooking, chop the basil and portion out the sundried tomatoes and Greek Olives
- When the polenta is finished, add the sundried tomatoes to the pan for just a minute or two to warm them up
- Plate the polenta with fresh basil, feta, sundried tomatoes, Greek olives, and drizzle with some balsamic glaze