The morning is probably my favorite and the most relaxing part of my day. I love getting up, going on a run, enjoying a cup of coffee, and watching Good Morning America before heading off to work. I know I probably sound like I’ve aged 10-15 years BUT it’s my routine and seems to be the perfect amount of ‘personal time’ I need to get ready for the day.

Since I spend most of my morning working out or getting ready for work, I don’t usually have time to cook an omelette or banana pancakes before heading out the door (though I wish I did). That’s why I usually stick to something healthy I can grab on-the-go or make at the office. My usual go-to’s right now are a bowl of oatmeal with nut butter and a banana or yogurt with fruit and granola. I’m going through a bit of an oatmeal kick at the moment 🙂

Healthy Breakfast On The Go

That’s why I was super excited when General Mills reached out to me to try their new Plenti Oatmeal meets Greek Yogurt since it combines two of my favorite breakfasts in one: Greek Yogurt + Oatmeal!

Healthy Breakfast on The Go Featuring Plenti Oatmeal Meets Greek Yogurt Healthy Breakfast on The Go Featuring Plenti Oatmeal Meets Greek Yogurt

I found this little gem at Ralph’s and picked up a few different flavors to have throughout the week including: Apple Cinnamon, Strawberry, Peach, Blueberry, Maple Brown Sugar, and Vanilla. I typically eat Plain Greek Yogurt since it has less sugar, but I literally couldn’t stop eating this Blueberry one.

Healthy Breakfast on The Go Featuring Plenti Oatmeal Meets Greek Yogurt - Blueberry Flavor

I devoured it before even making it to the car (I also must admit that I just finished a 4 mile run so the runger was real). My favorite thing about this yogurt is the texture. I loved having the chewy rolled oats already mixed in — kind of like overnight oats but no work required!

Some of my other favorite grab and go breakfasts include:

• Perfect Bars (the Peanut Butter is my favorite!)
  • Lara Bar & Bananas
  • Flax Seed Oatmeal & Apples with Cinnamon
  • Smoothies (I just toss anything and everything in a blender, mix, and enjoy)

The most important thing for me in determining a healthy breakfast is the amount of protein and carbs. I need something that will not only keep me full but will also fuel my body before and after my workouts. Plenti Oatmeal Meets Greek Yogurt has 16 grams of whole grain and 11 grams of protein in every cup. Since I’m running 3-4 times a week, I NEED good carbs and protein in my diet.

Healthy Breakfast on The Go Featuring Plenti Oatmeal Meets Greek Yogurt

What are some of your favorite healthy breakfasts on the go? What do you look for in a healthy breakfast (ie: fruit, amount of carbs/sugar/protein)?

Want to try Plenti Oatmeal Meets Greek Yogurt? Use this COUPON to get $.35 off!

15 Comments on Healthy Breakfast On-The-Go

• A Cup of Kellen
      January 19, 2016 at 4:19 pm (7 months ago)

Two of my favorite things (and even better when combined!).

1. Amanda @ Exploring Life & Things
    January 19, 2016 at 11:47 am (7 months ago)

I love yogurt with granola! It’s one of my favorite breakfasts along with oatmeal and a scoop of peanut butter. I try and go for breakfasts that keep me full and not needing a snack at 10am everyday!

• A Cup of Kellen
      January 19, 2016 at 4:20 pm (7 months ago)

We are two peas in a pod! Though I usually always have a snack around 10:30-11 every day just because I love snacking 🙂

2. Sarah
    January 19, 2016 at 1:40 pm (7 months ago)

I’ll defiantly have to look for this at the store! When I take breakfast on the go it’s usually overnight oats with protein powder to eat after the gym.

• A Cup of Kellen
      January 19, 2016 at 4:21 pm (7 months ago)

I love the idea of adding protein powder to overnight oats! I’ll have to try that!

3. Diana
    January 19, 2016 at 4:17 pm (7 months ago)

How did I not know this existed? This sounds so healthy and filling!

• A Cup of Kellen
      January 19, 2016 at 4:21 pm (7 months ago)

It’s brand new and I’m in love. I had the Maple Brown Sugar today with a banana and it was so good!

4. Tom
    January 20, 2016 at 4:06 pm (7 months ago)

That sounds like a very yummy alternative to just the yogurt I have every morning. Thanks for sharing!!!

5. Kaitlin
    January 22, 2016 at 1:13 pm (7 months ago)

Wow! That’s an amazing idea and with the trend of overnight oats I’m surprised no one else has thought of that yet. Once I’m back on the oats bandwagon I’m going to check that out. I also eat breakfast at work, so these would be simple to store in our fridge!

• A Cup of Kellen
      January 22, 2016 at 1:31 pm (7 months ago)

Isn’t it genius! I’ve been eating the Maple and Vanilla flavors all week! Perfect for an office breakfast or snack (also great with some nut butter on top 😉 ).

6. Rachel
    January 22, 2016 at 1:27 pm (7 months ago)

Those look delicious! And also perfect for an afternoon snack before a workout. I’ll have to keep my eye out! I’m the same way – always so rushed in the morning, but I can’t live without my eggs! I’ve been cooking my eggs and eating them straight out of the pan – ain’t nobody got time for plates.

• A Cup of Kellen
      January 22, 2016 at 1:32 pm (7 months ago)

Hahaha I love your dedication! I ate these yesterday with some nut butter before my workout, it was perfect!

7. Chrissa - Physical Kitchness
    January 23, 2016 at 8:47 pm (7 months ago)

Oh my gosh, seriously! This is actually a product?! I LOVE it! Such a great grab-and-go idea. I haven’t seen anything like it on the market. NEED!