After the holiday feast, I was craving something light and healthy. I am obsessed with Trader Joe’s Fall Harvest Salad with fresh butternut squash and cranberries so much so that I decided to make my own version.
This light and healthy Butternut Squash & Lentil Salad is super easy to make and filled with nutrient rich foods. Kale is loaded with antioxidants, lentils are filled with fiber, and butternut squash is full of Vitamin A (great for healthy skin!).
This recipe makes about 5 servings so I had tons of leftovers for meal prep.
- 1-2 Pears
- 1 Butternut Squash
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Goat Cheese
- Lentils (I prefer Trader Joe’s pre-packaged lentils)
- Crushed Pecans
- 1/2 Red Onion
- Parsley (optional)
- Red Wine & Olive Oil Vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 375, wash the butternut squash, slice in half, remove seeds & strings, and place cut side up with a dash of salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Roast the squash for 40-45 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, chop 1/2 a red onion, about 1/4 cup of parsley, and a pear.
- Sautee the red onion, lentils and kale in a pan for about 5 minutes (I prefer to cook my Kale a bit since I don’t like it raw – it’s a little too fibrous for my stomach when consumed raw for me)
- Once the squash is done roasting, cut the skin off and dice into cubes.
- Place the kale, onion, lentils, and diced squash in a bowl. Mix with the pomegranate seeds, goat cheese, pears, parsley, and crushed pecans.
- Drizzle the Red Wine + Olive Oil dressing over the salad (I use the Trader Joe’s version)
What are you favorite seasonal salads?
Pin It For Later!