I love bread. Banana bread, pumpkin bread, zucchini bread, you name it. Every year I treat myself to Starbucks’ Gingerbread Loaf and Cranberry Bliss Bar. This year I decided to combine my favorite parts of each into this festive Gingerbread with Cream Cheese Frosting.
This was my first attempt at making gingerbread but it certainly won’t be my last. I adapted this recipe from Girl on Gourmet though I think next time I’m going to add in some plain greek yogurt since I always find it makes the bread a bit more moist. Nonetheless, it was a hit around my house!
- 1.5 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Cloves
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Milk (I substituted water since I didn’t have milk)
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
Ingredients for the Frosting:
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese Softened
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine Flour, Sugar, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, and Baking Soda in a mixing bowl
- Combine Softened Butter, Vanilla Extract, Water/Milk, Eggs, and Molasses in a separate bowl
- Mix each thoroughly then combine into one bowl
- Spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and then add the gingerbread mix
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes (start checking at 30 minutes, you should be able to stick a fork in it and have it come out clean when it’s fully cooked)
- While the gingerbread is baking, combine the butter, sugar, and cream cheese. Mix on low until the frosting is smooth.
- Allow the gingerbread to cool thoroughly (about 30-40 minutes) before adding the frosting
- Top with cranberries and enjoy!
What are your favorite holiday breads?